Ian Mcewan - Saturday
En esta página puedes descargar el ebook Saturday sin registrarte. ¡Descarga gratis a alta velocidad en formato epub, fd2, pdf!
Saturday por Ian Mcewan
Saturday, February 15, 2003. Henry Perowne is a contented man - a successful neurosurgeon, the devoted husband of Rosalind, a newspaper lawyer, and proud father of two grown-up children, one a promising poet, the other a talented blues musician. Unusually, he wakes before dawn, drawn to the window of his bedroom and filled with a growing unease. What troubles him as he looks out at the night sky is the state of the world - the impending war against Iraq, a gathering pessimism since 9/11, and a fear that his city, its openness and diversity, and his happy family life are under threat. Later, Perowne makes his way to his weekly squash game through London streets filled with hundreds of thousands of anti-war protestors. A minor car accident brings him into a confrontation with Baxter, a fidgety, aggressive, young man, on the edge of violence. To Perowne's professional eye, there appears to be something profoundly wrong with him. Towards the end of a day rich in incident and filled with Perowne's celebrations of life's pleasures - music, food, love, the exhilarations of sport and the satisfactions of exacting work - his family gathers for a reunion. But with the sudden appearance of Baxter, Perowne's earlier fears seem about to be realised.
Los Más Vendidos
- The Saturday Review Of Politics, Literature, Science And Art, Vol. 86
- The Saturday Review Of Politics, Literature, Science, And Art, 1859, Vol. 7 (classic Reprint)
- The Evidence In The Case Of Dennis Donnelly Indicted, Tried And Convicted Of Murder In The First Degree, At Pottsville, Saturday, Nov. 24th, 1877
- Popular Mechanics. Complete Car Repair Manual. Simplified Auto Repair For The Saturday Mechanic
- Sunday, The True Sabbath Of God; Or, Saturday Proven To Be Neither The Sabbath Of The Old Testament, Nor The Sabbath Of The Ancients, Who Lived Before The Christian Era